Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Central/Southern Washington Agriculture

I guess it must be genetic that my soul is satisfied with agriculture, because it didn't figure largely in my upbringing. In Alaska. But it makes me peaceful.

Can you see the mountains in the distance? Todd and I figured that they must be the Olympics, because we were looking westnorthwest from Yakima.
This is back down by The Dalles on the WA side. There grow a serious amount of grapes, apples, peaches and apricots.
This is taken from the OR side looking across the Columbia towards a vineyard. Bare, bare hills, but that flat must be so fertile! Isn't that beautiful?
This was taken from the Stonehenge Memorial looking south across the Columbia. Those are mostly peach orchards down there. We drove through them later. See how brown and dry it is up above?


No comments: