Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Buzzards are Back!

That is a pretty tiny picture, but it's "all I got"! (Which movie?)


I don't know if there's any way for you to tell, but this is a picture from yesterday morning of two buzzards sunning themselves in our old growth Douglas fir tree. It was a damp and chilly morning and they chose the highest perch available to spread their wings to catch some heat and Vitamin D. Wait - do animals require Vitamin D too? Hmmm... Anyway, Todd called us in to see them, and it was really fun to watch. (He took the picture and emailed it to me.) Since one of my favorite things about summer here is watching the buzzards ride the hot air currents, I am glad to see them return.
(And since my blogging literacy is limited at best, I can only refer you to a previous blog from Sunday, September 28, 2008, for my post about the buzzards migrating south.)

No comments: