Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quirks for Meggan - Better Late Than Never?

If anyone is still interested, having overthought this to death, here are five things about myself that I think are quirky, as defined by dictionery.com...

- I have prescription trifocals (without lines) that are ooooooold, and I couldn't read with them any more, so for $20 I bought reading glasses that I wear on top of my regular glasses. Prob'ly looks funky, but it'll do for now.

- I'm a mad rinser. I really rinse to excess. My hands, the clothes, the dishes. There's a sad cross issue that we have a low producing well which sometimes runs out of water in the summer time. My clothes are suffering without their extra rinse in the washer.

- I have an obsession with cooking in cast iron. I own at least seven pieces, and use them regularly. I know they're a little more trouble to wash properly, but it's so worth it to me. They heat quickly and responsively, they sear or simmer beautifully, they move from stovetop to oven, and food tastes better from them. And yes, they must be washed properly (no soap!) and dried on the hot stovetop, well, and then oiled a bit, but they're worth it.

- You may have noticed that I'm a bit of a Lord of the Rings fan. Yeah. Ask me anything.

- I have a secret dream to be the Next Food Network Star. But not as much as I used to.

No comments: