Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Greenhouse stuff

The greenhouse is looking pretty empty these days!
Here are more basil plants, waiting in safety to be put out into the garden until I get a handle on whatever is eating them out there!
Todd has wanted an aspen tree since we moved here from Glennallen, and we finally found one at a farmer's market a couple of weeks ago. I potted him up until we find the perfect, deer-protected place to plant him out.
Here is the fence that Michael, Tyler and Todd built. A sense of urgency to finish it arose when three beautiful cabbages were grazed to the ground, along with many other flourishing plants. At about 6:00 the next morning, after this fence was completed, Todd and I saw a doe standing next to it (on the outside), looking up and measuring whether she could make it over. She took a few steps around the perimeter, stopped and looked up again, decided against it again... She checked out the whole perimeter, then walked away! Woo-Hoo!!! I even moved a rose outside the greenhouse to tempt a chomp, but no takers!
Look at those blossoms.


2 comments:

Katie said...

the bugs are eating my basil, too, and i just got it on Saturday! it makes me sad. Should I just pick them and eat them now, or try and grow them some more? I don't know.

Unknown said...

mmm...i want to smell your tomato plant!