Thursday, August 2, 2007

My plants don't like this heat either

Yesterday was really really hot. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get the Alaskan out of me. I doubt it - maybe it's because I read the Anchorage Daily News online every day. Not the whole thing, just the headlines and select articles. And the games. Very attached to the games.

But this heat drives me inside like the cold in Glennallen did. Difference - I can be outside in the early morning and in the evening. And the extreme heat doesn't last long. Some of my plants get crispy-crittered, though.

This is what lobelia looks like out of its element. Poor little fella.
This is what Sweet 100 tomatoes look like in their element. Their name proves true, gladly.

This is what a Michael looks like on the last morning of having braces. I'll post a picture of his unshackled teeth soon.

No comments: