Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Getaway to Lincoln City with my Friend

Don't get me wrong - I love my guys. But when my friend Michelle asked if I wanted to get outta town for a couple of days the week after Christmas, I was IN!!! We considered going to Portland, as neither of us have shopped at Ikea, and we want to. But the forecast was for freezing temps and strong winds howling down the Gorge, and with that news, Ikea quickly lost its appeal. We'll explore there another day.
Sometimes it feels like the coast is an old idea and there must be something else to do. But for me, maybe because life is so very demanding most every day, going to watch the ocean is just bliss. And when we found that the forecast for the coast was 55 degrees and sunny - hello Lincoln City!
Sun on the ocean is magic, isn't it?

Sunrise was amazing - something I rarely see when I'm at the beach! I think I'll make an effort to get up for it more often.

No comments: